Desert National Parks of California
Discover the stark beauty of the desert on this small-group California tour with maximum 17 travelers delivering an in-depth experience with Death Valley and Joshua Tree National Park unlike any other. You’ll journey from Las Vegas to Palm Springs when its cooler and quiet, exploring landscapes found nowhere else on earth and some of the most beautiful places in California, while traveling in a luxury Mercedes-Benz® sprinter vehicle.
- See the High Roller, Devil's Golf Course, and Artists Palette
- View Badwater Basin, Dante's View, Roy's Motel and Cafe Sign, Skull Rock and Arch Rock
- Visit Twenty Mule Team Canyon, Zabriskie Point, Furnace Creek, Ubehebe Crater, Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes, Mojave National Preserve, Kelso Ghost Town, Joshua Tree National Park Visitor Center
- Dive Into Culture This morning your Travel Director leads a sightseeing tour featuring the city's residential mid-century architecture. Architects such as Donald Wexler built homes featuring Southern California Modernism (a lot of steel and a lot of glass) that were popular with the likes of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Marilyn Monroe.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® San Gorgonio Pass Wind Farm is one of the windiest spots in the United States and makes the perfect location for the 3,218 windmills that dominate the landscape and provide power to Palm Springs and the adjacent desert communities. Enjoy a private "behind the scenes" tour of the windmills getting the most incredible up-close education on what affordable and clean energy is all about.
- Dive Into Culture The Amargosa Opera House was founded by the eccentric Marta Becket who stumbled upon the run-down space when her car broke down in 1967. She spent years personally doing the labor to create the theatre space in the most unlikely of destinations, Death Valley Junction. Today the facility still strives to bring the arts to this little desolate sliver of America. But the past few years have been a financial struggle and with your visit Trafalgar will make a donation for each guest to hopefully keep the opera house entertaining visitors for many years into the future.
- Stays With Stories Set on 25 secluded acres, surrounded by towering fan palms and lush gardens, the Campbell House offers a peaceful retreat, where you can experience the quiet and calm of the open desert.
- Stays With Stories The 224-room hotel built in 1933 has undergone a $100 million renovation and is the energetic center of activity in Death Valley. Set along Highway 190 next to the National Park Service Visitor Center, you'll enjoy a classic town square with towering date palms and mission California architecture at the Ranch at Death Valley.
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 6 Breakfast
- 1 Be My Guest Dinner
- 1 Lunch
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
Dream holidays without the stress of the 'what ifs', is what we do. We design our tours so you can experience the world differently. You'll get the personal service, attention to detail and ease you're looking for, while enjoying the unmissable experiences you've always dreamed of. Discover why Trafalgar tours have been trusted by 5 million guests and are proud to deliver the very best tours that you'll cherish for ye ...